sci.astro.amateur

Re: Scope City vs. Telescopes.com

Subject: Re: Scope City vs. Telescopes.com
From: lal_truckee
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:04:43 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
thad@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
[...]
They are also a physical chain with multiple outlets, and good
off-the-shelf stock, and a strong web presence. Since Lumicon closed in
Livermore (and was bought by this very same Scope City IIRC) the SC in
San Francisco is my easiest physical astro outlet.

Lumicon's assets were acquired by Parks Optical, not Scope City.

Whoops.

Parks is at <http://www.parksoptical.com/>:

Parks Optical, Inc.
750 Easy Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065 USA
Phone: 805.522.6722
Fax: 805.522.0033

Lumicon is at <http://www.lumicon.com/>:

Address: 750 E. Easy Street, Simi Valley, CA 93065, USA
Phone: (805) 520-0047
Fax: (805) 520-3030
E-mail: lumicon@xxxxxxxxxxx

Just curious: how/where do you find parking at the San Francisco Scope
City?

Northpoint parking garage - free with validation. Same building as Scope City last time I visited (been awhile - they may have moved?)

The only other "real" astro dealer in Northern California is Orion in
Cupertino.

And their outlet in Watsonville - A bit far for regular visits.