sci.astro.amateur

Re: Moon landing hoax

Subject: Re: Moon landing hoax
From: Chris L Peterson
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:21:58 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:06:29 GMT, "MAT" <mikAlexT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>where are the 800 + lbs of rocks? why so hush hush after all this time? Most
>should be on display for the public
>since it was the public who payed for them!!

They are stored at JSC, and there is nothing hush-hush about it. They
aren't on display because that would ruin their value. They are
carefully kept in contact with only a few types of material and in a dry
nitrogen atmosphere. That way, as new analysis techniques are developed
they are as uncontaminated as possible. Many people have access to the
samples. You could too... it's just a matter of writing up a proper
request explaining the nature of the research you want to conduct.

>We have only been told they
>exist and we have only seen insanely small chunks
>cocealed in acrylic plastic as if they are the Hope diamonds for  God's
>sake!! They are just rocks with certain metals and elements!!

They were _very_ expensive to collect; between that and their scientific
use, they are far more valuable than the Hope Diamond.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com