sci.astro.amateur

Re: 73P Current Ephemerides?

Subject: Re: 73P Current Ephemerides?
From: Davoud
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:58:16 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Davoud  wrote:
> > I've been unable to Google current ephemerides for the various
> > fragments of 73P -- only "73P." If anyone has found a page with daily
> > positions I would be pleased to learn of it.
> >
> > I'm also unable (without ephemerides) to determine angular separation
> > between major fragments.

Edward Erbeck>
>      Here ya go:
>
>   http://www.skyhound.com/sh/73P.html
>
>    Scroll down to just prior to the Finder charts and there's a link that
> ought to take care of ya.

Most helpful, thank you. I'll post here in the unlikely event I get a
pic worth looking at. (Actually, I got a decent pic of what I believe
[from its brightness] to be fragment B in the wee hours of 04/26, but I
want more, more. I think I can confirm which fragment it was via some
lightweight astrometry.)

I'm not a regular comet hunter/observer -- just hoping to get some pix
/early/ Monday A.M. Comet observers seem to be a different breed -- I
scoured the "CometObs" Yahoo group in addition to other web sites and
learned that they have a particular reporting format that I'm certain
meets /their/ needs. It gives a great description of the various
components /without/ giving their sky coordinates. Huh!?  But their
shtick seems to be the use of binoculars, rendering RA and Dec
superfluous.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com