sci.astro.amateur

Re: XT-8 restricted to short Barlows???

Subject: Re: XT-8 restricted to short Barlows???
From: Anders Eklöf
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:47:48 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Starboard <errol_winn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have any fellow XT-8 owners experienced any problems focussing while
> using a full sized Barlow?

Not that, but I have another similar problem:
I bought a University 40 mm MK-70 for my XT-10 - or rather, the Synta
equivalent of the XT-10 - basically the same scope anyway.

That Eyepiece's focus was some 12 mm (1/2") outside the travel of the
scope's focuser. A short length of 50 mm sewer pipe solved that one ...

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour