sci.astro.amateur

Re: Comet Schmassmann-Wachmann location from CDC Version 3 alpha 0.0.9

Subject: Re: Comet Schmassmann-Wachmann location from CDC Version 3 alpha 0.0.9
From: "Martin R. Howell"
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:05:19 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
On 17 May 2006 16:18:59 -0700, canopus56 wrote:

> P.S. - Martin, is the time stamp on your web page local time or UTC?

The applet that is on the homepage of The Astro Post (www.theastropost.com)
is GMT.  My Cartes du Ciel, Version 3 alpha 0.0.9 has the time set for my
local (PDST).

> P.P.S. - Now if this comet was just rising at a more reasonable hour
> like 9:00 PM local time - instead of taking until 3:00AM to get enough
> altitude! -:)

Agreed.  Locating as best I can away from the new streelight, trees now
obscure the comet.

> P.P.P.S. - I still don't know where to get an how to obtain the "Magn
> H" and "G" fields for manually entering comets in the Ciel comet
> configuration dialogue.

I looked at that too, although only passively; will have to stare at it
longer later   ;o)

Thanks for the suggestion concerning the adoption of the symbol for the
comet.  It has been done.

And golly, the fellow IS moving on so I will be updating the image daily.

--
Martin R. Howell

Show your images at "The Astro Post"
http://theastropost.com