sci.astro.amateur

Observing Red Spot Jr.

Subject: Observing Red Spot Jr.
From: "Dennis Woos"
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 01:35:53 -0400
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
My older son and I believe that we observed Red Spot Jr. tonight - 10" f/6
dob with 6mm Burgess Planetary eyepiece (250x) and no filter.  The seeing
was far from perfect, but patience at the eyepiece was repeatedly/regularly
rewarded.  We have a new mirror in this dob made by a guy in our club, and
it is an excellent optic.  We both agreed that our views of Jupiter tonight
exceeded any we have had through any scope.  We used
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-05-04-jupiter-jr-spot_x.htm
as a reference.  Anybody else think they have observed Jr?

Dennis