sci.astro.amateur

Re: SW3

Subject: Re: SW3
From: "RMOLLISE"
Date: 2 May 2006 13:22:06 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
darryls@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I went out last night at 2am, after 3 hours sleep.  I had no problem
> seeing the stars in Hercules, but I could not find SW3.  I am using
> 7x35 binoculars.  There was no cloud cover, but I am not sure about air
> pollution or haze.  There is a large city to my east (that is why I had
> to wait 'til 2:00, so it was overhead away from the lights).
>
> 1. Did anybody see the comet last night?
> 2. What can I do differently to see it myself?
>
> Darryl

Hi:

It' pretty subtle in binoculars. It is not prominent (to me) in
15x70s...if I weren't looking for it I'd have passed over it I think.
That said, it was beautiful this past weekend from Chiefland where I
got a very nice look at it via C8 and Stellacam II. ;-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
<http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm>

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers:

See: <http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/>
For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog.