Re: SW3

Subject: Re: SW3
From: Greg Crinklaw
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:10:16 -0600
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
David Knisely wrote:
As for tail length, in my 10x60 binoculars, I would indeed classify one degree as "short", as the binos have a field of view of 5.3 degrees (well, after Hyakutake, a lot of comets seem to have "short" tails).

Well, never mind then. I don't generally think of the great comets as typical in any way. So to me a one degree tail is "long." Most of the comets I observe have no tails at all... Or they are tadpoles at best. ;-)

Clear skies,

Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer
Cloudcroft, New Mexico, USA (33N, 106W, 2700m)

To reply take out your eye