sci.astro.amateur

Re: Increasing primary and secondary mirror quality

Subject: Re: Increasing primary and secondary mirror quality
From: "Rory Deol"
Date: 2 May 2006 19:24:45 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Thanks for all the advice! I have to say that I remember seeing M13
look like fine grains of salt poured on jet black velvet, if that says
anything to the quality. My problem was that even with letting the
scope cool down the planetary quality seemed to be more like that of a
8" scope not a 13". This is mainly why I was wanting to increase the
optical quality, but I'm sure there could be a number of reasons for
this. Also, would the Mizar/Alcor system work well for star splitting?
Not actually those stars but the ones you can't see with the naked eye.

THANKS