sci.astro.amateur

A few basic questions

Subject: A few basic questions
From: "good man"
Date: 5 Apr 2006 23:29:07 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Hi,
I recently purchased on Orion xt 6.  I like it, it's easy to use.  But
am slightly disapointed I can't get in closer.  Like Mars is still
pretty small, with the 0.9 lens and 2X Barlow, it still looks like a
little redish dot, about a mm accross.

Saturn looks about half as big as a 1 cent coin with the same lenses,
pretty cool but not close enough to see its moons.

1) What size scope should I get to see fine detail like the moons
around Saturn, to see featurs on mars and jupiter and to see galaxies
like adronoma (sp?) in some detail.

2) If I got the XT12 would that make a big difference?  Could I see
those kinds of things with an 8 or 10?

3) How do I find Jupiter, I have no issue finding Saturn?

Thanks

An amateurs amateur.

Anon