sci.astro.amateur

Re: How long for AP160?

Subject: Re: How long for AP160?
From: Mark D
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:41:19 -0600
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
The biggest unknown is, is the exact amount of people on a
waiting-interest list?

Even though AP knows that exact number per scope/mount (Everyone is
listed in a database), and lets just take a wild guess, and say it's
2500-3000 folks per scope/mount give, or take depending on model,

There is I'm sure a percentage of those numbers,  that although they are
on the list, when their number's up, and they get the call, decide to
cancel for whatever reason (Bought another scope/mount, lack of funds,
decided this item didn't exactly suit their current needs, etc), and
that's an invariable that even AP themselves can't accurately predict
when anyone will perhaps recieve thier own personal scope/mount.

Of those numbers of people listed above, definitely a percentage of them
will cancel.

I, at one time was on a couple lists myself. If AP would call me
tomorrow hypothetically, and say "Hey Mark, you were on our Mak-Cass
list since '97, and we're now into production of a 12" Mak. If
interested send 50% of $18K, well, I'd have to decline unfortunately!
:-( lol  Mark