sci.astro.amateur

Re: clearsky clock

Subject: Re: clearsky clock
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:19:07 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:06:46 GMT, Esmail Bonakdarian
<ebonak-a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'd be interested in people's experience with the clearsky
>clock and if there are other alternatives people use in determining
>observing conditions.
>
>(I also look at accuweather and weather.com)
>
>Also, does anyone know how frequently the clocks get updated? I
>looked for a FAQ on the clearsky site, but must have missed it if
>it was there)
>
>Thanks,
>Esmail

The CSC is my main source for planning. and have found .  I also have a
cloud sensor at my observatories location, which I use to graph the clouds
over my location. I can tell you the correlation between the CSC and the
cloud sensor are quite good.

My clock is sponsored so the update frequency is also very good.
I also take a look at radar and satellite maps (water vapor, etc) to see
what is coming my way.
-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org