sci.astro.amateur

Re: Earthly Benefits of the Space Program?

Subject: Re: Earthly Benefits of the Space Program?
From: Wayne Howell
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:49:25 -0700
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
Tim Auton wrote:

Isn't that insider trading?
Nope....neither he nor I had any knowledge of the future awarding of
contracts. He simply mentioned visiting this strange named
company---out of curiosity I did some research on the company and
decided to invest in it. I owned the stock for nearly a year before the
contracts were awarded and the price of the stock moved upwards.
Unfortunately, I sold off the stock after about five years--making a
nice return on my investment (nearly 400%). It was another 3-4 years
before it really took off. If I had retained ownership, I would have
made many times more than I did.
Wayne Howell
Photon Phlats Observatory
Port Townsend, WA