sci.astro.amateur

Re: Bad News from Rosamond

Subject: Re: Bad News from Rosamond
From: "Robin Wier"
Date: 28 Jun 2005 03:59:55 EDT
Newsgroups: sci.astro.amateur
"Uncle Bob" <myfirstinitialandlastname@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:42c0cda8$0$26355$9a6e19ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Robin Wier wrote:
>> "Uncle Bob" <myfirstinitialandlastname@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>FWIW, Uncle Bob lives in Fairfax, CA, north of San Francisco. Starlord
>>>(Dennis Bishop) lives in Rosamond, CA, in the mojave area.
>>>I see we're up to about $300 if everyone delivers on their pledges (I
>>>think).  I know Dennis really lives in Rosamond, because he received some
>>>CD's I mailed to him a few months ago.  I've never actually met him.
>>>Uncle Bob is also on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Amateur
>>>Astronomers, if that helps my credibility. You may find some reference to
>>>me on their website or their newsletters. (http://sfaa-astronomy.org)
>>>You can give me a call, if you wish.  My number is in the phone book for
>>>Marin County CA (Fairfax).
>>>Warmest Regards,
>>>Uncle Bob (Robert English)
>>>Fairfax, CA
>>

>> How about a Fairfax mailing address and I'll send you a check made out to
>> Dennis for you to match and forward. I'll do it a week from today after I
>> pay my bills, and see what I can do.
> Robin--
>   Just send the check to Dennis.  He can email me when it gets there. A
> single mailing means less chance of it getting lost.  I appreciate your
> generousity.
>   Uncle Bob

Hi Uncle,

Three things:

1) I thought you were offering to match individual donations up to $250
each. For instance, 8 individuals sign up for $250, and Starlord reaps $4k.
OK, now I see the $500 total limit, no problem.

2) "Just send the check to Dennis"

You asking me to do what I was trying to avoid from the gitgo.

3) "A single mailing means less chance of it getting lost."

You got to be shitting me. When he emails you, don't you have to mail him a
matching check? Just put my check in the envelope. This stinks to high
heaven. Something wrong here, I withdraw my offer (for now).

Robin

You are asking me to