sci.archaeology

Re: Sailing round Greenland?

Subject: Re: Sailing round Greenland?
From: "Peter Alaca"
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:14:36 +0100
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology
Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:02:55 +0100, "Peter Alaca"

Alan Crozier <name1.name2@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

"Peter Alaca" <p.alaca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:52:24 +0100, "Peter Alaca"

Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:36:18 +0100, "Peter Alaca"

IE_Json <inger_e.johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

[...]
Btw, I think it's time to realise that what we call Greenland
island isn't one but at least three islands and that we do
have documentation from early date.

At least three islands?
Where?
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/bathymetry/arctic/currentmap.html

URL now readable. Have you been taking lessons from PRD?    :-)

What is your problem?
This is the one I posted:
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/bathymetry/arctic/currentmap.html
I can see no difference and I test every link before
posting, most of the time even with a cleaned cache.
And the line length was only 69.

You actually posted:

Where?http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/bathymetry/arctic/currentmap.html

'Where?http://... ' is not a meaningful http address. All I did
was insert a space after the '?'.

Why? The ? clearly is not part of the url. Not underlined and when
you click or copy the url, the ? is left out.

In my Outlook Express the link was not shown as a link because there
was no space before the http.

In my OE it shows

That's why Eric put in the space.
In Google groups the link works OK even without the space.

It was a bit sloppy not to add that space, but I see
no reason for Eric to get lost in it.

I never got lost in it. In fact I was showing other people the way
out.

Was anybody experience problems?
Is everybody else but you too stupid to see where the url starts?

--
p.a.