sci.archaeology

Re: Christian Origins and Archaeology

Subject: Re: Christian Origins and Archaeology
From: "Carl"
Date: 18 Dec 2006 11:53:36 -0800
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology
prd wrote:
> Prejudice in science is driven by facts and factoids,
> not pay as you read, cheesy, religiously motivated
> literature.

Google Scholar - under KEYWORDs Thiering sundial

THE QUMRAN SUNDIAL AS AN ODOMETER USING FIXED LENGTHS OF HOURS
by Dr. Barbara Thiering
http://www.springerlink.com/content/d9kvckehaavvb85n/

On the other hand, you could do something really bold.  Ask me
questions on
what it says about interpretation of the object.

Forget Tom's preoccupation whether  I know its provenance.  I don't.
Nobody on SCI.ARCHAEOLOGY has come forward to fill this gap either.  He
doesn't have
the interest to stay with Qumran sundial/roundel.

Is it a sundial?  See my answer today to Ken Young in this Thread.

Let's move on.

Dave