sci.archaeology

Re: Scientist Says Concrete Was Used in Pyramids

Subject: Re: Scientist Says Concrete Was Used in Pyramids
From: Florian
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:45:14 +0100
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology
Kendall K. Down <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the blocks were cast all at one time they would have joined together.

No. You understood nothing (much likely did not want to).
It is no possible to cast all the blocks at one time. You have to wait
some time (4 hours in case of Davidovits experiment) to pour the next
one. Then, there is no fusion between the blocks and the joints get
their final look when the surface dries over the following months.

By the way, concrete behaves similarly when one wait between pouring 2
batches.

My impression is that you try to emphasize those secondary questions to
wander away from the strong evidences presented in Barsoum's paper.
I guess you realize that's typically the behaviour of a crackpot when
confronted to solid scientific evidence?

--
Florian

"Tout est au mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles"
Voltaire vs Leibniz