sci.archaeology

Re: Answer to Alan

Subject: Re: Answer to Alan
From: "IEJ"
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:58:19 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology, soc.history.medieval
Kjetil,
I am not sure that it's correct. I would have believed that a scholar
working at the institute in Reykjavik knows more than a webmaster. I don't
trust the url at all.

Inger E

http://www.asu.edu/clas/acmrs/web_pages/cara_sessions/manuscript_icelandr.ht

> "The main sources for these voyages are preserved in the Árni Magnússon
> Institute in Reykjavík. These sources are Eiríks saga, the Saga of Erik
the
> red, preserved in two medieval vellum manuscripts, one called Skálholtsbók
> (AM 557 4to, written in about 1420 in the north of Iceland) and the other
> Hauksbók (AM 544 4to written about 1300). "
>
> Rest of your comments will have to wait until this one is definitely
solved.
> You have one information, I don't know how old but I know that my
> information is close to today and that the url written by an Icelandic
> "íslenskulektor " not to mention what you can read about her in this url:
> http://www.am.hi.is/starfsmenn/starfsmadur.php?st=15

>From the site of the Arnamagnæan Collection
(<http://www.hum.ku.dk/ami/mss-cph.html>):

"The following manuscripts from the Arnamagnæan Collection remain in
Copenhagen following the transfer of manuscripts to Stofnun Árna
Magnússonar á Íslandi: [...] Quarto [...] 544"