sci.archaeology

Re: A question...

Subject: Re: A question...
From: Richard Herring
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:04:09 +0100
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology, sci.lang
In message <[email protected]>, Dylan Sung <[email protected]> writes
"Seppo Renfors" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Seppo Renfors wrote:
> Is it any wonder I don't bother with what you are on about when you
> pull clangers like that?

Sorry, what's a "clanger"?
There we go... (Memo to self: Add that word to the dictionary of words
Daniels doesn't understand)
A clanger is a mistake.
Usually when dropped. You can pull fast ones, wool over the eyes, birds,
crackers and so on, but how do you "pull" a mistake?
It is also an children's animated character from the 1970's, which purports
to live on the moon with the Soup dragon.
What do you mean, "purports"?

http://www.stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings/moon_landings.htm

--
Richard Herring