sci.archaeology

Re: A question...

Subject: Re: A question...
From: Seppo Renfors
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:09:39 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology

Matt Giwer wrote:

> Seppo Renfors wrote:
> >
> > Matt Giwer wrote:

> >>        It is difficult to believe there are participants in s.a who do not
> >> know the
> >>name Aryan (from Iran) language group was changed to Indo-European after
> >>the war.
> >

> > Bullshit is bullshit no matter which way you turn it to admire it.
> > First of all "Aryan" NEVER referred to "Indo European" group of
> > languages.
>
>         You really have a lot to learn.

Moist likely, but not from you.

>         But as Aryan arises only from a spelling of Iran,

Wrong. It was the Shah of Persia, another admirer if Hitler, who
thought it was a bloody good name and changed "Persia" to "Iran" in
1936!

> Arya, it is even harder to
> explain why the Nazis were running about about being Iranians. Please feel
> free
> to explain that one.

You and I both know, that is a load of HOGWASH - I was Hitler's
FANTASY of the "superior race", total fiction, he STOLE the term
meaning "nobel" for his own evil and sick ends.

>         You raise more questions than your ignorance pretends to expell.

You don't have "questions" merely thinly veiled propaganda.

> > That is pure unadulterated and uneducated CRAP. Should you
> > be thinking of the battle of Plassey, fought in Samvat 1814, you are
> > still sadly mistaken. The term, as a name for a language, is far more
> > recent than that. The meaning dating back to 1601 resolves to "noble,
> > honourable, respectable" in a rather round about way - but accurate
> > enough.
> >
> > The person to coin the term "Aryan" for a LANGUAGE is attributed to
> > Max Müller (1823-1900), a German born student of Eugene Burnouf, the
> > chair of Professor of Sanskrit in France. He later moved to Britain as
> > a philologist of Sanskrit. Max attributed "ayran" to refer to
> > "worshippers of the gods of the Brahmans" initially.
>
>         Are you accusing him of being so stupid as to think Persians were
> Brahaimins?

Why do you resort to fantasies NO LESS stupid than those of Hitler?

> >>        It does not take much reading to find Aryan language group was
> >> first observed
> >>by an Englishman working in India and noticing the languages in NW India
> >>was of
> >>the same language group as India. It takes only a little more reading to
> >>discover there was no other usage for the term.
>
> > That is another blatant LIE.
>
>         And you credit who with identifying the langauge group?
>
> >>        If the best you can do is run with allied war propaganda you are in
> >> the wrong
> >>newsgroup.
>
> > Nazi propaganda is EVIL to its rotten core, no matter the guise it is
> > in - and your drivel has been just that! It has to be shown for what
> > it is - totally BOGUS CRAP!
>
>         Simply pointing out what they meant by Aryan,

BULLSHIT you were.

[..]

I have no intention of allowing you to use me as a podium for your
propaganda.

--
SIR - Philosopher unauthorised
The one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is