sci.archaeology

Re: No Roman Invasion?

Subject: Re: No Roman Invasion?
From: "hyperoglyphe"
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:11:12 +0800
Newsgroups: sci.archaeology, soc.history.ancient
<nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:j77nc19acml3er8cnhi76fdmab4l7nqecd@xxxxxxxxxx
> Apparently on date Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:32:54 +0800, "hyperoglyphe"
> <hyperoglyphe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>

>>"IEJ" <Inger_ejohansson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Doug Weller" <dweller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet

>>> troops
>>> some
>>> government
>>> time
>>> unload the
>>> people who

>>> sailed

>>> Romans were
>>> to them

>>> programme.
>>> on,
>>> Chichester

>>> Good God Doug,
>>> haven't you read all the links and pages in the Big Roman Dig? Not
>>> everything needs to be said in front of the cameras filming for TV:
>>>

>>After reading all the links and pages in the Big Roman Dig I came to the
>>conclusion the ancient British harbour used by the Romans and referred to
>>in
>>this thread was at Hartlepool.
>
> Don't be silly. It's Jonkoping as it has to be on a southern shore. And
> near
> the artifacts / black monks / templar crosses.

Look at it holistically. Establishing  a north east port was a ploy to fool
the wily pictii.  There was an undated Romano-British settlement nearby
excavated in the '60s- that could have been settled any time you like- say
28BC.  Artefacts collected on that dig are hidden.  I can only hint about
that.

There is no evidence of local slaughter but plenty of evidence it was a
launching pad for attacks on other areas.  Proof the locals were colluding
with the Romans. Even the most cynical Naysayers would admit that Hartlepool
prospered from working with the Romans. Obviously it was a pre-invasion
settlement site where Ceasar (Seizure? SeizeHer?) learn't all the local
tricks and infiltraded the local culture before lunching his colonial
expansion.

Don't forget, not only does Hartlepool have Grey Friers, De Brus' and their
Templar connection it has a medieval church built on the site of a Norman
one which was probably built on the site of a Roman temple. Why not?

Any Positivist Holist can see the Big Roman Dig is a smokescreen.  Any
Yeasayer can see I want to bring this thread to its rapid conclusion by
diving head first into k00kolgy.

Dave