sci.anthropology.paleo

Re: Eating insects, not meat...

Subject: Re: Eating insects, not meat...
From: pete
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:52:01 GMT
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
rmacfarl wrote:

> pete wrote:
> > rmacfarl wrote:

> > > Chimps don't have problems with raw meat...
> >
> > Raw meat? That's what you get when you're hunting.
> > That's not carrion. Carrion is what vultures eat.
> >
> > http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/carrion
>
> I am aware of the distinction Pete, thanks.

Well then, that expalins why you didn't say

    "Chimps don't have problems with carrion..."

... because chimps don't eat carrion!

Will natural selection take many generations to select,
from among an already meat-eating chimp population,
those of stronger stomachs who can
tolerate the extra microbiological load of carrion?
No, it won't.
The chimps don't live in a carrion rich, game sparse environment,
and there's no selective pressure towards scavenging.
There is selective pressure for them to become better hunters.

What time frame is spiznet talking about for maggot farming?

--
pete