sci.anthropology.paleo

COUNT THE STARS CON-TEST EXTENDED -- 2004 Hubble Ultra View - Universe -

Subject: COUNT THE STARS CON-TEST EXTENDED -- 2004 Hubble Ultra View - Universe - Space - Galaxies - Evolution or Intelligent Design?
From: Ed Conrad
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:01:43 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.alien, research, alt.genealogy, sci.anthropology.paleo, sci.archaeology.mesoamerican
<
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Count the Stars Con-Test has been extended because
no one has yet come even close to the exact number of stars.
So enter again but boost your guesstimate.. The high guess of
1,993,654,087,321 -- by David Iain Greig of talk.origins -- was not
even in the ballpark. Ditto for everyone else.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time to dust off your microscope and try to win the grand prize.
<
Simply estimate the number of stars in the following mind-boggling
view of our universe -- actually,  just a teeny-weeny part of our
universe.

The view you see here

http://www.spacedaily.com/images/hubble-ultradeep-desk-1024.jpg
<
was only a dark patch of far-distant sky that even the Hubble, at
first, couldn't see.
<
The view was taken as though the Hubble was looking through
a straw that was eight-foot long.
<
Yep, I repeat: as seen through a straw EIGHT-FEET LONG.
<
To get this view of galaxies galore -- taken last year and now known
as the Hubble Ultra View -- resulted from millions of seconds of
exposure, one second at a time over a very long period.
<
We're looking for the most accurate estimate of the number of stars --
NOT galaxies, mind you, because  that's too easy -- and all entries
should be mailed to:
<
Count the Stars Con Test
Smithsonian Insitution
National Museum of Natural History
Constitution Avenue & 10th Street NW
Washington DC USA 20560
<
The grand prize will be a Super Tinkertoy Telescope which you'll
be able to us to double check the findings of the Hubble.

The Smithsonian also will award a lifesize replica of the life-size
statue of Chris Kolczyk, one of its scientists who died a horrible
death in the pursuit of pseudoscience last month;

< http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/SimplyMagic/TightFit.jpg
and the new Kill Ed Conrad dartboard, autographed by Yours Truly.
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/SimplyMagic/Dartboard.jpg
<
Ed Conrad (aka Dr.Evil)
<
> http://www.edconrad.com
<
Man as Old as Coal
and
Proof of Life After Death
<
<
<
<
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/skullb.jpg
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Smith/z11calv.jpg
<
OTHER HUMAN FOSSILS
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z8femur.jpg
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix2/MVC-002S.JPG
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z5gall.jpg
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/newtibia.jpg
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Petrified/z9lung.jpg
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/brain/MVC-001S.JPG
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/pp/MVC-022S.JPG
<
PETRIFIED HUMAN FINGER AND TOE
<  (during Power Point presentation in Switzerland)
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Newpix2/MVC-006S.JPG
<
PETRIFIED HUMAN TOOL (Wooden Handle Turned to Coal)
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Tool/MVC-001S.JPG
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Tool/MVC-003S.JPG
> http://www.edconrad.com/ebay/Tool/MVC-005S.JPG

Nearly all of the above specimens underwent state-of-the-art
scientific testing by major independent laboratories and
were proven, beyond doubt, to be petrified  bones, teeth or soft
organs despite what the Pseudoscientific Establishment says
to the contrary in an effort to protect its rear end/.
<
Ed Conrad
<
>   Man as Old as Coal