sci.agriculture.poultry

Re: fighting

Subject: Re: fighting
From: enigma
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:40:30 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: sci.agriculture.poultry
"Jill" <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:44ff40f2$0$3587$ed2e19e4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> What are you feeding?
> We have bachelor flocks and have found that aggresion is
> higher with a lower protein feed
> If you are feeding mainly straights and grains try adding
> layers pellets to their ration
> Space is another issue
> as is their proximity to any girls

 layer pellets & free range, all the stuff for compost from
the kitchen.
 right now the coop *is* crowded at night, but the 19 hens (&
probably Spot, the speckled sussex roo) move to thier new
indoor area tomorrow, with almost twice as much space (about
10'x15' instead of 6'x8').
 all the chooks go out free ranging during the day & they
spread out over 3 or so acres... for some reason they don't go
into the llama/goat pasture anymore & i don't know why.
 we we thinking of keeping the roos confined to a 25'x20' pen
& letting just the hens roam
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be