sci.agriculture.poultry

Re: Dorkings and ducks

Subject: Re: Dorkings and ducks
From: Ginny
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:30:33 +0800
Newsgroups: sci.agriculture.poultry
BobD wrote:
We have 3 black Runners and they are the same way, very little
swimming. I've been told by other breeds that this is common ( one
actual uses them for training their herding dogs ). I actually find
them more interesting just walking around the yard with the chickens.

I thought I had read it somewhere too, that runners don't require a lot of water which was one reason I went for them. They are also very cute and a change from muscovies and khaki campbells which I had years ago.

Ginny