sandesha-dev@ws.apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Mercury Proposal

Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Mercury Proposal
From: "Paul Fremantle"
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:24:43 +0100
Glen. I didn't think there was any consensus from the previous
discussion (does the word dissensus exist?) :)

I am actually pretty happy to do either, I think each approach has +s and -s.

On the side of starting from the Mercury codebase, Amila has got it to
a point where it satisfies the 1.0 spec, including Replay.
On the other hand, Mercury doesn't yet implement 1.1 or
MakeConnection, and also it doesn't support transactions yet, so there
are some fairly large aspects still to be coded. And starting afresh
might well get more involvement from the wider community which I think
has been the main pushback on this proposal so far.

I guess one open question is - who is willing to put in the effort to
work on this?! If it's just Amila, then starting afresh won't be much
benefit, because he will be happier to keep working from the code he
has already built. If there is a wider set of people willing to put in
effort, then starting afresh might have significant benefits.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2