samba@lists.samba.org

Re: [Samba] Users can't login on Samba+Ldap

Subject: Re: [Samba] Users can't login on Samba+Ldap
From: Faye Gibbins
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:22:04 +0100

It's normal to have /etc/passwd entries in their that you'd need if your ldap infrastructure died in the most horrible way.

Otherwise a small ldap problem can brick a machine.

Faye

dogbert@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
sorry... forgot to crosspost answer to the list:

I'm checking /etc/ldap.conf and it seems that at the end of this file it was
added a line with the following directive:
nss_initgroups_ignoreusers

that included more or less every single entry contained in my /etc/passwd
file at the time of the ldap configuration.

is that normal behaviour ?

Thanks,
Riccardo

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
     GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk