samba@lists.samba.org

SV: Re[2]: [Samba] net use /home ?

Subject: SV: Re[2]: [Samba] net use /home ?
From: "Anders Norrbring"
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:39:58 +0100
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:44:07 -0500 John Drescher <drescherjm@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> JD> > It works alright, and all users have full access to their own
> home
> JD> > directories. Also, say user "elsa" logs in. She won't get a
> mapping to
> JD> > \\server\elsa via the 'net use j: /home' command, but she will
> get full
> JD> > access with 'net use j: \\server\elsa'
> JD> >
> JD> > Go figure.. Also, nothing really changed on the system apart from
> upgrading
> JD> > the samba package from 2 to 3.2.8, that's the strange thing..
> JD> >
> JD> I am sorry.. I see now.
>
> JD> I have always used the UNC path.
>
> Samba 3.2.4 on Vista SP1
>
> C:\Users\jj>net use g: /home
> Drive g: is now connected to \\PDC\jj. Your home directory is g:\.
>
> If itÂs a samba issue (which I doubt) it have to be between 3.2.4 and
> 3.2.8
>
> What's the result of "set home" on your windows machines?
>
> C:\Users\jj>set home
> HOMEDRIVE=h:
> HOMEPATH=\
> HOMESHARE=\\PDC\jj
>
> I suppose the command: net use drive /home
> uses the value of HOMESHARE
>

> --
> Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
> ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
> LinkÃping University                            E-mail: jj@xxxxxxxxxx
> 581 83 LinkÃping

Well.. Since I can't connect to the '/home' share, I don't get much out of it
all..

Vista Business SP1:
C:\Users\anders>net use * /home
Det gÃr inte att identifiera anvÃndarens arbetskatalog.

Du kan fà mer hjÃlp genom att skriva NET HELPMSG 3915.

C:\Users\anders>set home
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\anders

And on one of the WinXP machines:
J:\>net use * /home
Det gÃr inte att identifiera anvÃndarens arbetskatalog.

Du kan fà mer hjÃlp genom att skriva NET HELPMSG 3915.

J:\>set home
HOMEDRIVE=J:
HOMEPATH=\
HOMESHARE=\\beata\anders