samba@lists.samba.org

[Samba] Internationalization clarification needed

Subject: [Samba] Internationalization clarification needed
From: "Aravinda Guzzar"
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:31:26 +0530
Hi,

I am trying to setup my samba server for international character set
support.

Going through the below document under the "internationalization", I came to
know that I should set up appropriate "client code page" and "character set"

 ====================
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/ch11.html

[global]
    client code page = 850
    character set = ISO8859-1

Running testparm utility shows that these setting aren't accpeted by samba.

A little investigation showed that I should use the below settings

dos charset = 850
unix charset = ISO8859-1