samba@lists.samba.org

[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 join domain

Subject: [Samba] Samba 3.0.10 join domain
From: Daniel Davidson
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:57:54 -0600
I have found a fixed my previous problems (two typos that were hard to
find) and now the smbldap-tools all work as expected if I run them as
root.  However when I try to join a domain from a windows machine, the
scripts never run and get an "Access is denied message".  Since I am
using 0.10 I do not think I can use net rpc rights, so do I need to add
that into ldap manually?  Or do I have to use a specific user other than
just someone in domain admins?

thanks,

Dan