Re: [Samba] How to enable swat on SuSE10.2 x86_64?

Subject: Re: [Samba] How to enable swat on SuSE10.2 x86_64?
From: "M9."
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:13:07 +0100

Some things are not fine, like swat uses port 901/tcp..
what if this port allready has been taken?

> omginitialrefs  900/udp    # OMG Initial Refs
> #                        Christian Callsen <Christian.Callsen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> swat          901/tcp    # CONFLICT, not official assigned!
> smpnameres      901/tcp    # SMPNAMERES
> smpnameres      901/udp    # SMPNAMERES

What to do in a case like this?

M9. schreef:
> Tha manual at the box tells:
> In /etc/inetd.conf you should add a line like this:
>  swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/local/samba/sbin/swat swat
> Should this in this case be:
>  swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat ?
> M9. schreef:
>> Correct, the executable is present there, thnx ;)
>> Roman Bigler schreef:
>>> Ok, still not completely sure what you mean, but this might help you:
>>> http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html#xinetd
>>> The location of the executable is usually /usr/sbin.
>>> On Feb. 27, 2007, at 17:52 , M9. wrote:
>>> Well, to invoke swat, you have to specify its location, this location i
>>> need to know..

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  monkey9@tribal-sfn2
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.2"