samba@lists.samba.org

Re: [Samba] Samba-3.0.23c kernel lock problems with new Redhat kernel 2.

Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba-3.0.23c kernel lock problems with new Redhat kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8
From: "John Drescher"
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:56:03 -0500
On 2/2/07, Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We run samba-3.0.23c on some Redhat RHEL4 servers, and Samba used to work
like a charm.  But then a couple of days ago we upgraded the kernel
on the Samba servers to kernel-smp-2.6.9-42.0.8.EL.  All of a sudden
our Windows users could not use Microsoft Office with files on the
Samba shares :-(

Was it complaining that they are read only or that after saving a file
that existed it word claimed that it could not save the file? I am
asking as after I upgraded from samba-3.0.22 to samba-3.0.23 on gentoo
I had these symptoms and the fix was very easy.

John