samba@lists.samba.org

Re: [Samba] Which ports for samba?

Subject: Re: [Samba] Which ports for samba?
From: "Cleber P. de Souza"
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:40:02 -0200
You'll need only 139/TCP, 445/TCP, 137/UDP and 138/UDP.
The smb ports could be changed using the smb ports param in your smb.conf.
I think if you set smb ports to 445 the only port needs be opened in
your firewall will be the 445/TCP.

On 10/19/06, Torsten Geile <zuhause@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I want to tighten security on my samba server, so I set up iptables
rules, which consider ports 137,138,139,445 tcp/udp. Is that enought for
input traffic to pass so that clients have full funtionality with the
server?

Regards, Torsten

***
Cleber P. de Souza