samba@lists.samba.org

[Samba] Group Migration from tbd to ldap on same machine

Subject: [Samba] Group Migration from tbd to ldap on same machine
From: "Hans Rasmussen"
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:38:10 -0800
Hi All.

I am changing my server over from tdbsam to ldapsam (same machine). I have successfully migrated my users and computers using the idealx tools and pdbedit. I can't seem to find a way to tranfer my custom NT groups into ldap. The idealx tools created "Domain Admins", "Domain Users", etc. I have created other domain groups, "Drafting", "Admin", etc and would like to transfer these. Also, the local groups did not seem to be created "Power Users" "Users". pdbedit -g copied my /etc/group over. Anything that I am missing, or will I have to use the idealx tools to recreate my custom domain groups.

Thanks

Hans Rasmussen
CIS/GIS Coordinator