samba@lists.samba.org

[Samba] Bind to eth1 only problem

Subject: [Samba] Bind to eth1 only problem
From: "Joseph T. Duncan"
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:58:23 -0800 PST
Hello,

I am trying to setup a samba server as a pdc bound to eth1 only (testing network). however I still seeing samba bind to eth0. I am running a debian unstable box... any ideas? do you need anything more to go on? (see attachments)

I am starting smbd and nmbd up using a startup script out of /etc/init.d with the options:
--exec /usr/sbin/nmbd -- -s /etc/samba/smb.ts.conf -D;
--exec /usr/sbin/smbd -- -s /etc/samba/smb.ts.conf -D;

Linux version 2.6.13 (root@mpk) (gcc version 4.0.2 20050917 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.1-8)) #1 SMP Fri Sep 23 12:45:10 PDT 2005

version.txt     version of samba
nmap.eth0.txt   nmap output of public network (the one smb should NOT bind to)
nmap.eth1.txt   nmap output of internal network (the one smb should bind to)
smb.ts.conf     my samba config
testperm.txt    output of testperm against my samba config

any help or ideas how to get this to bind only to eth1 would be great!

Info:                           Email:
Joseph T. Duncan                  work: duncanjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Student Computing Facilities      Home: Joseph.Duncan@xxxxxxxx