samba@lists.samba.org

[Samba] Re: Authenticateing DC's on an ldap backend... nobody knows how?

Subject: [Samba] Re: Authenticateing DC's on an ldap backend... nobody knows how?
From: "Jim C."
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:01:13 -0700
My bad - I forgot to add 'write':

access to dn.subtree="dc=j9starr,dc=net"
by group/posixGroup/memberUid="cn=Domain Controllers,ou=Group,dc=j9starr,dc=net" write
    by * read

Yes, I noticed but I had compensated. This should work according to OpenLDAP's faq-o-matic. Perhaps this is a genuine bug. Of course, it may be a doc bug rather than a software bug.

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings@xxxxxxxxxxx  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844    |
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |