samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: [patch] CUPS auth-info-required support in smbspool

Subject: Re: [patch] CUPS auth-info-required support in smbspool
From: James Peach
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:26:01 -0700
On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 13:56 -0700, James Peach wrote:
I have some pending patches from Mike Sweet in this area (I'm not a
CUPS/print expert, merely a conduit).

OK, didn't know that.

WRT this patch, Mike says

        Since Samba expects the domain in the username, it isn't really
doing the right thing with AUTH_DOMAIN and setting auth-info- required
        to "domain,username,password".  Also, the <cups/backend.h> header
        really isn't needed and will prevent smbspool from working on non-
        CUPS systems.

I should have Mike's smbspool changes through legal next week. Can you
hold this up until you see his changes?

Certainly.  Yes, I see my mistake with AUTH_DOMAIN now, and I can see
how including <cups/backend.h> can be avoided. I'll watch for the other
changes from Mike.

ok, it's these commits:

<http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=8c12c5cea01d9b801fe80c2a87b8139c488a62a5 > <http://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=8eff35bc4acc13807c895af43b52db79ee195cb5 >

and I cleaned up the crufty smbspool.c formatting a bit, so your patch probably wont apply .. sorry about that.

thanks for yr patience