On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 15:32 +0000, David Holder wrote:
Happy New Year.
Eventually I have found some time to return to looking at Samba 3.2 and
I have a few questions:
* What is the current status of IPv6 in the Samba 3.2 code?
* Is there anything that can be tested over IPv6 yet or are you
still doing the ground work for this?
* I'm assuming that I am best looking at the test branch?
most of the work on IPv6 in the 3.2 is done, testing would actually be
Use the git branch v3-2-test.
My plan is to:
* Look at the code ;-) - doing this now
* Attempt to use Samba 3.2 over IPv6 server/client (if this is possible)
* Carry out tests in our lab against Windows Vista and Windows
This would be very nice, thanks.
I'm also revisiting Samba4 and IPv6 this week.
We have not done much work in samba4 wrt IPv6 lately, but a new
assessment would help :)