samba-technical@lists.samba.org

IPv6 and Samba 3.2

Subject: IPv6 and Samba 3.2
From: David Holder
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:32:13 +0000
Jeremy,

Happy New Year.

Eventually I have found some time to return to looking at Samba 3.2 and IPv6.

I have a few questions:

   * What is the current status of IPv6 in the Samba 3.2 code?
   * Is there anything that can be tested over IPv6 yet or are you
     still doing the ground work for this?
   * I'm assuming that I am best looking at the test branch?

My plan is to:

   * Look at the code ;-) - doing this now
   * Attempt to use Samba 3.2 over IPv6 server/client (if this is possible)
   * Carry out tests in our lab against Windows Vista and Windows
     Server 2008

I'm also revisiting Samba4 and IPv6 this week.

Thanks,
David
Dr David Holder CEng FIET MIEEE

Erion Ltd, Oakleigh, Upper Sutherland Road, Halifax, HX3 8NT

Reception: +44 (0)1422 207000

Direct Dial: +44 (0)131 2026317

Cell: +44 (0) 7768 456831

Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 3521142
VAT Number: GB 698 3633 78