samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: libsmbclient - setxattr sometimes corrupts conext

Subject: Re: libsmbclient - setxattr sometimes corrupts conext
From: Henrik
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:15:57 +0100

10 jan 2008 kl. 02.31 skrev Derrell Lipman:

On Jan 9, 2008 2:23 PM, Henrik <henke@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello list,

We are using samba 3.0.28 and we noticed some weird bugs with the
smbc_setxattr function.

Worth of mentioning is that on our contexts we use:
smbc_option_set( pSmbContext, "full_time_names", 1 );

It looks like setting time values somehow corrupt the context, so that
we can't set ACL using names. Somehow it works if we set ACL using SIDs.
This has been tried on several paths, many times, many files/
directories after each other, same result every time.

Hi Henrik,

Please post all of this as a new bug, and I'll look at it. Sounds like an oversight in implementation and "should" (always the operative word) be easy to fix.

BTW I've noticed that you can't change the MODE on files/folders to 0x00 with smbc_setxattr. So there is no way of removing an attribute if you do not replace it. Is this also a bug or?
If so, I'll post a new one.

Cheers,
Henrik