samba-technical@lists.samba.org

If the server returned less than we asked for we're at EOF

Subject: If the server returned less than we asked for we're at EOF
From: Amin Azez
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:35:59 +0000
libcli/clireadwrite.c/smbcli_read

says: If the server returned less than we asked for we're at EOF

I'm aware that if it returns 0 bytes we're at EOF, is it strictly true
that less-than-asked-for also means EOF?

My caching code returns smaller-than-asked-for reads if the full amount
isn't in the cache, and so far no clients have interpreted this as EOF,
but kept from where the previous read left off.

Am I supposed to make use of the "remaining" field here?

Sam