samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: Where to for Samba4?

Subject: Re: Where to for Samba4?
From: Adam Tauno Williams
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 06:17:02 -0400
> The goals you mentioned in your previews mail perfectly match a project
> name of "samba4dc", and it would make a lot of sense to have something
> like this.

A Samba 4 that can do what Samba 3 can't seems more important than a
Samba 4 that can do everything Samba 3 can;  since there is a Samba 3.
Running an NT4 domain almost gets more painful by the day,  and if I or
anyone else has to give up and switch to AD it is going to be a hard
fight to come *back* to Samba.  But without some confident sounding
"release" most people aren't going to touch Samba 4.