samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: Preserving NTFS permissions.

Subject: Re: Preserving NTFS permissions.
From: "Christopher R. Hertel"
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:39:43 -0500
Jeremy Allisonwrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:16:58PM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
>> Won't we also need to manage the relationship between the NTFS ACEs and the
>> old FAT-style permission bits?
>
> No. These two have nothing to do with each other.

Interesting.  I would have thought that changing NTFS permission values
would also change the 16-bit view of the file.  Eg., if I remove
GENERIC_WRITE I would have thought that the FAT READ_ONLY bit would get set.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh@xxxxxxxxx