samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Fwd: Samba Linux Automated Testing

Subject: Fwd: Samba Linux Automated Testing
From: Don Watson
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 02:39:01 -0700
Hi all,

I have created a series of distro-based scripted tests for Samba on Linux.

Currently supported are RHEL3, RHEL4, SLES9, and SLES10.  The tests are
written in perl and bash, with a configuration file for test configuration
(pdc status, shares, users, etc.).

Most of the tests involve a server and one client; a few involve multiple
clients.

I have attached the files required to run one of the tests.  util.tar.gz
untars to a "util" subdirectory which contains supporting scripts and a
perl package.  share.tar.gz untars to a "share" directory which contains the
actual test.  The test entry point is run_share_tests.sh which takes the
samba server ip address as its parameter.

I have also attached a howto which describes the entire test suite.

If there is interest in the tests I can submit the entire test suite.  I
have also created some windows-client tests for which I can submit a sample.

        Don