samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: multi-indexed tdb

Subject: Re: multi-indexed tdb
From: Volker Lendecke
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 07:20:18 +0200
On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 08:11:17PM -0400, simo wrote:
> In other cases it may be really interesting to have something that
> resembles an index instead, where a single secondary key can link
> multiple primary keys.

This code was designed for the three cases groupdb, passdb
and idmap. And I wanted the code to be as simple as
possible. Right now I do not have an application which
would want multi-keys.

What cases do you have in mind here? Do you want to build
ldb on top of this?

> Another question is why do you use a numeric index instead of just
> another char prefix?
> I think that something like KEY/USER/BLAH is more readable then
> KEY/1/BLAH

I had this code done, but with just integers the code was
considerably simpler than with strings, and code simplicity
in this case was more important for me.

Volker