samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: Samba 4 libnet_join and RPC-JOIN torture test

Subject: Re: Samba 4 libnet_join and RPC-JOIN torture test
From: Andrew Bartlett
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:20:11 +1000
On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 23:34 -0600, Brad Henry wrote:
> Brad Henry wrote:
>
> > Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >

> >> I'm still a little unclear on your BDC behaviours.  If we are already a
> >> BDC, and 'rejoin' as a member, or we are a member and join as a BDC,
> >> what happens?
> >>
> >> Andrew Bartlett
> >>

> > Nothing happens!
> > If we are a BDC, and attempt to rejoin as a member, we remain a BDC.
> > If we are a member and rejoin as a BDC, we remain a member.
> >
> > Brad
> >

> That's probably not the best description. What happens is that the
> server remains in its role, and the appropriate libnet_Join or
> libnet_JoinDomain struct is filled in and returned to the caller.

Do you change any other flags (such as 'disabled') that may be set, and
need clearing?  I'm still not sure that remaining in the role is the
right behaviour, but perhaps we just need to build up the alternate
toolset to show how it 'should' work.  (I support a 'net promo', that
creates a BDC and does the sync).

Andrew Bartlett