samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: option ldap filter remove in 3.0.20

Subject: Re: option ldap filter remove in 3.0.20
From: Guenther Deschner
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:22:01 +0200
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:51:30AM +0200, Ingo Steuwer wrote:
> Hello
>
> we realized that the option "ldap filter" was removed in 3.0.20. As we need
> this option in one of our projects to seperate Users on different
> samba-instances/-servers I'd like to know for what reason the option was
> removed?

For what exactly do you need it? In the past it was a common source of
misconfigurations for people who did not understand what they were doing
when manipulating it.

I think you have to ask Jerry Carter about this. Maybe there were more
reasons to remove it finally.

> The SVN-Patch was small and changed only two files so we'd like to reactivate
> this option using it. Is there any chance for this to get back into SVN?

We could readd it as a hidden parametric option maybe. Jerry, that makes
sense?

Guenther
--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd@xxxxxxx