samba-technical@lists.samba.org

Re: [Samba] change windows ADS passwords from linux box

Subject: Re: [Samba] change windows ADS passwords from linux box
From: Stefanos Karasavvidis
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:35:03 +0300
thanks Giuseppe, but I can't do that because I do not install separate kerberos implementation (I use the samba packages from sernet, which have kerberos statically built). So I do not have this utility, and I do not want to install it.

I was hoping that there is something "built in" in samba that can do that

Anyway, thanks again

giuseppe59 wrote:
Stefanos Karasavvidis wrote:

> both the username and the password are provided from a windows Active Directory Server. They are not stored anywhere locally

Hello Stefanos

I change the password using ktpasswd from the linux box.
I havo no tested net ads passwdord.

Giuseppe

Stefanos Karasavvidis
Electronic & Computer Engineer, M.Eng.
e-mail : sk@xxxxxxxxxx

Technical University of Crete, Campus
Information Systems Center
Address: Akrotiri, Chania, 73100
Tel.: (+30) 28210 37352, 37355 (central), 37766 (ENV.ENG. buildings)
Fax:  (+30) 28210 37571