Re: composite link - candidate for respin, maybe

Subject: Re: composite link - candidate for respin, maybe
From: Tony Li
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 00:21:48 -0700
Hi Curtis,

> Its not just about whether it fits into the available set of LSPDU.
> Every time a new LSP is signaled reservable bandwidth changes and it
> could potentially mean another advertisedment of a bloated LSPDU
> fragment (or a much smaller but still bloated opaque LSA).

? 1200 bytes is hardly bloated.  And I think we've established that the
frequency of churn is more important than the size.

And we've have the issue about LSPDU updates since we started the TE work.
I believe that we've demonstrated that it can be successfully resolved
without causing undue hardship.

> This can be a big problem after a fault has occurred, particularly a
> fault involving more than one SRLG where protection also failed.

Not sure I see this as a "big problem".  Yes, there will be a spike in
processing, but we get that anytime there's a topological change.  Doesn't
seem like an insurmountable issue.

rtgwg mailing list