RE: composite link - candidate for respin, maybe

Subject: RE: composite link - candidate for respin, maybe
From: "Mcdysan, David E"
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:19:28 -0400
I had a general statement about scaling in the wg slides, and I recall
Alex objecting that in general the IETF avoids quantitative values.

This is an important issue, and is one we need to address to better
understand the cost/benefit of approaches that differ from just
extending the set of advertised parameters and/or their useage in
signaled LSPs.

I propose that we discuss a parameteric model, e.g., Number of nodes
(N), total number of Links (L), some range of Component links per
Composite (C(i)), frequency of latency changes (L), frequency of
capacity changes, etc. and try to compare the "scalability" and
"response time" in a parametric way. Then, outside of the IETF,
quantitative numbers could be inserted.